For years now woman having been writing me and asking me "HOW DO YOU DO YOUR MAKE UP?? I have had comments from "I keep trying to get the smokey eye look but fail every time" to " what eyeliner and make up brands do you use?" , well here is the answers to your questions and curiosities! Not only will this page be updated often I will be as interactive as possible, giving hot tips, adding video and taking questions I will also be inviting different make up artist to share their favorite secrets and talk to different stylist for the hottest up and coming face trends! So before I dive into the basics, I implore you to come back here often, check out this page and have fun learning and don't forget great make up does take practice!
Mineral foundations are amazing!! they do take some adjusting but the benefits are beyond worth it! Non mineral Liquid foundations and heavy concealers only clog the pores and damage your skin, trying to fight your way thru light coverage, medium coverage, heavy coverage, it get's confusing and no matter how amazing it looked on your face in the store it just never sits right on the face at home! This is where the benefits of minerals comes into play, not only are they lightweight , soft, and organic, but they are filled with vitamins rich in antioxidants, they combat shine and even provide a natural SUNSCREEN! you are actually helping your face! My foundations contain no fragrances, preservatives or any harsh chemicals and even better, none our products are EVER TESTED ON ANIMALS! I am also very proud to offer a liquid MINERAL foundation that is simply the best of both worlds, I have yet to use a foundation as amazing as this.
Ok, I hear what your saying, you understand Minerals but HOW DO YOU APPLY IT?! let's start with the face PRIMER! I like having a fresh canvas, and this is key to the application process as it will prime the face, fill in the wrinkles, help your mineral foundation give you a youthful healthy appearance! it will also bring out the true tones and pigments of the cosmetics and give lasting coverage! there are two kinds! all over face primers and eye primers!
1) use a dime size to nickel size amount of the face mineral primer, apply with your finger tips and smooth over entire face, let it absorb fully. For eye primer, use a small amount and lightly blend on the lid or wherever you're shadow will be applied.
2) Apply Smoak foundation with a kabuki or blending brush to your desired coverage! yes ladies you get to CONTROL your coverage! to do this you only need to use a small amount , using the lid of your container to tap off the excess loose powder or using a sponge or foundation brush on to your skin. it is that easy! blend evenly.
(if you have dry skin you can also add small amount of SMOAK foundation to your facial moisturizer, you can control the color and the consistency, this is also fun if you prefer to use sponges then brushes)
Blushes are one of my favorite products! you can highlight your cheek bones, add dramatic color or simply add a shimmering glow, the last being MY favorite! SMOAK blushes go on like velvet, it feels like silk and adds a overall flawless complexion.
1) for this I like to use a angled brush, I pick my desired shade, swirl the color in the cap to capture the color and tap off any excess.
2) I like to use a darker shade or bronzer in the hollow of my cheek, on an angle I like to blend the darker shade from the outer corner of my eye back toward the ear. do this on both sides
3) I then like to take a lighter shade or "Highlighter" and add this to the "apple" of my cheeks, when you smile I find the best center is from the middle of your eye, still using the angled brush apply the color using circular motions.
Working in small steps and alternating from one side of the face to the other, will insure an even and
Eye liner...let's say it one more time...eye liner. my absolute favorite in all the make up arsenal. eye liners can change the shape of your eye, they can set a time or "era" to your look or make up, you can use eyeliner to go from day to night in one easy sweep! for me my eyeliner has been my signature and it is one of the main reasons I celebrate mineral make up. I will not lie ladies, conquering a fantastic eye with liner takes practice. My loose eye shadows can be used WET also! there are so many eye liner looks and I will monthly come her and give tips on different ones, but for now let's just do a basic liner ( these steps are for using the limited edition loose powders!
1) for a soft look , use an angled eye brush to apply eyeliner by pressing into the desired color, tapping of excess, and apply as desires, I find to start out lightly tracing the outer and upper eyes will give a easy on the go look, I tend to go a little darker on the top lid. >
2) for a more dramatic look, use the angled eyeliner brush or a thin eyeliner brush, mix a small amount of color with water in a product cap, and apply as desired, when working with the wet liner, I prefer to only do the top lid and start thin in the corner of my eye and get slightly thicker to the outer, you can drag this liner out to make a more "cat eye" look or keep it just to then end of your eye.
* sometimes I will take the same dry color and lightly press over the wet I just applied for a softer but yet still dramatic defined eye. When working with the liquid liner, I simply suggest practice! getting that precise line takes time.
In the SMOAK collection, I have brought together a color palette I feel will compliment all woman, I have truly tried to bring a most glamorous assortment of unique pigments that will also offer additional skin care. i have taken into consideration all the different looks needed in our lives from a casual every day adventure to the daring vibrant fashion statement. The quality of these shadows will stifle the toughest critic. weightless, full color, crease free, it gives a simply yet brilliant look to any application. The SHADOW MAGNET only makes SMOAK shadows last even that much longer, Ground with vitamins and antioxidants, these gorgeous shadows believe it or not assist in reducing the signs of premature aging and helping diminish wrinkles all while serving you with a high pigment punch! I have chosen shadows that range from mineral to polychromatic to satin!
* there are simply to many combinations and different eye shadow techniques to truly teach in 3 easy steps, I will be making it a point to monthly focus on different shadow application techniques. but for now I will try to give a basic guide.
1) use a base color, this a color that will help blend your full color shadows, using a full bodied eye shadow brush, tap off excess product and apply over entire lid.
2) take the lightest shade you plan to use, or a highlighter shade and with a angled eye shadow brush, tap off excess product and apply right under the eyebrow, highlighting under the arch of the brow.
3) next using your darkest color shade, take a small eye shadow brush and tap off excess color, apply to the bottom of your top lid,blending with eye liner and working slowly up to your crease.
4) using a medium shade of shadow and a "blending" eye shadow brush, tap off excess product and blend the medium shade into the crease working up lightly to the brow, blending the dark from the bottom of the lid, with the medium color in the middle to the light shadow toward the brow.
* remember that a SHADOW MAGNET can be re applied to the lids before doing shadow, this can make a DRAMATIC difference in color and give great control of depth of the shade. I am also proud to say it has a Vitamin C compound. Vitamin C is a natural anti oxidant that can help build up collagen and fight free radicals.
I can NOT stress enough the importance of being gentle on your eyes, I have watched so many woman get angry and frustrated while applying make up they literally scratch the make up off their face, the tissue around your eyes is sensitive and can also show the first sign of our TRUE age! I can honestly say whether you sweep one color across your face with SMOAK shadows or blend many you can feel confident in the fact you will be protecting and nurturing your skin.
Again these are just some quick easy steps to help get you going in the right direction, each week and month I plan to add more HOT TIPS! as much as make up is a passion of mine for some I know it can be a everyday chore! It is my goal to make you fall in love with your make up again and with the end result with your self as well!
Health, Wealth and Happiness